You could find a new home sooner by swapping with another Northwards tenant, or a tenant of another social housing landlord in Manchester or other parts of the country.
There are some circumstances in which we would not allow you to exchange your home. Click below for details:
- Circumstances in which we would not let you swap
These could include:
1. The tenancy is subject to a court order.
2. The tenancy is subject to a current notice of seeking possession.
3. Legal action has been taken against the tenant because of anti-social behaviour or the matter is waiting to be heard before the courts.
4. The property the tenant wishes to move to is too large or too small for their needs (according to Manchester City Council's Rehousing Rules).
5. The property was let because of employment and forms part of, or is in the grounds of, a non-housing building.
6. The property has features designed for people with disabilities, or people of a certain age, and the exchange would result in no one with the relevant needs living there.
If you're not sure whether we'll allow you to swap or not, please contact us.
Find a swap online
Use these websites to look for a swap:
If you find another tenant who is willing to swap homes with you, contact us to arrange the exchange.