Succession of a tenancy can only occur on the death of the tenant and is the means by which a tenancy passes to someone else. That person must be entitled to succeed the tenancy under the terms of the tenancy agreement. To support your application, you will need to:
- provide proof of identification
- proof of residency
- proof of your relationship to the current tenant(s)
- a copy of the death certificate
You will also need to provide National Insurance details for everyone that would be living at the home with you.
Please make sure you have these things to hand before starting this application.
Terms and conditions
By completing this form, you:
- confirm you have been advised of your responsibilities to pay Council Tax, and a payment of costs for the property, whilst this application is being processed (this payment will not be treated as rent, and therefore does not grant any rights to the property until the application is approved).
- confirm that you have completed this form honestly, and to the best of your knowledge. You understand that checks will be carried out on the information given to confirm that the details supplied are correct.
Apply online below. To apply by post, please download the succession application form (PDF, 82KB) and post it to Northwards Housing, Hexagon Tower, Crumpsall Vale, Blackley, Manchester, M9 8GQ.