Terms and conditions
By applying to make a home improvement, you agree that:
- you will ensure that all the relevant permissions and approvals, such as planning permission and building regulations (if required), are obtained and in place prior to any works beginning on site. Visit Manchester City Council website to see what permissions are required or call 0161 234 5000
- you will provide two weeks' prior notice of any works beginning on site, together with copies of all relevant permissions and approvals.
- any fees necessary to obtain all relevant permissions and approvals will be paid by you
- all works will comply with relevant current statutory regulations, standards, codes of practice etc
- if the alteration / improvement involves work to gas appliances or the gas supply, all work will be undertaken by a Gas Safe Registered engineer
- if the alteration / improvement involves work to the electrical installation of the property, it will comply with B.S. 7671
- if the alteration / improvement involves work to the gas or electrical installation, you will provide copies of certification to us on completion of the work
- any materials containing asbestos will not be disturbed. If they are removed, they must be removed in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations - see our frequently asked questions about asbestos.
- the work will not be to the detriment of the fire safety features of your home
- you accept responsibility for all future maintenance of the alteration / improvement
- you will pay to repair any damage to your home in connection with the work
- all works will be carried out by a competent, suitably qualified professional contractor
- you will remove the alteration / improvement to facilitate future repairs, e.g. taking up laminate flooring for repairs under the floor
- once the work is complete, you will send all documentation to Northwards Housing, Hexagon Tower, Crumpsall Vale, Blackley, Manchester, M9 8GQ
- any repairs required as a result of the installation, either now or in the future, will be carried out/paid for by you.
Apply online below. To apply by post, please download the home improvements application form (PDF 73KB) and post it to Northwards Housing, White Moss Road, Blackley, M9 6NZ.