We all have DIY jobs around the home that we know need doing, but either don’t have the time or the skills to do ourselves.
Well, don’t worry about it. Put your feet up and hire our Helping Hands team instead.
Do you want to redecorate a room? Put up a shelf? Fit some laminate flooring? Whatever your DIY dreams are, our team will make them a reality for just £20.40 per hour. The only thing they don't do are gas and electricity jobs.
To make the most of the service and get value for money, we recommend that you contact us when you have a number of different jobs that you need doing.
They’ll bring the right tools and skills; you just need to buy the things you want them to fit.
Once you’ve booked, we’ll send a surveyor around within five working days to make sure we can do the work and figure out how long it will take.
We’ll then get back to you with a price in 24 hours. If you’re happy with it, we’ll arrange to do the work within two weeks of payment.
Terms and conditions
To use this service, you must NOT:
- be a Northwards employee or a Board member
- be an Introductory Tenant
- have rent arrears over £150
- have current legal action against you for rent arrears recovery
- have service charge arrears of two or more quarters (if you are a leaseholder)
- owe over £150 for rechargeable repairs
- have current legal action against you or any members of your household (including visitors) because of anti-social behaviour
- have enforcement action against you because of the condition of your garden
- keep your property in a poor condition
- have any other breaches in tenancy
If you're over 60, take a look at Manchester Care and Repair. They may be able to provide you with a free handyman service.