Skip to main content

Contact our rent team

Need to contact us about rent?

Just use the button below to send a message to our rent team.

Before you do, though, take a look at these frequently asked questions. You may be able to quickly find the answer you're looking for:

Frequently asked questions about rent

Can I see my rent statement online?

Register to use ‘My Account’ and you can view your rent statement online. You can also print it off, too. All you need to register is your tenancy reference. You can also pay rent online in ‘My Account’ too.

I have rent arrears - can we come to an arrangement to pay them off?

Yes. Tell us how much extra you can pay each week, or send a message to our rent team to arrange to talk to someone about a repayment agreement.

How do I get a new rent card?

Just fill in this form: 'order a new rent card'.

What are rent free weeks and when are they?

As long as you aren’t in rent arrears, you get two rent free weeks every year. They are:

  • the week that includes Christmas Day (or the following week if Christmas Day falls on a weekend)
  • the week starting the first Monday in April

For those two weeks, you don’t have to pay any rent because the total you pay over a year is worked out over 50 weeks.

I'm struggling to pay my rent. Can you help me?

Yes. The sooner you speak to us about this, the better. If you don't pay your rent, you could lose your home. We don't want that to happen and we are here to help you.

See 'Help to pay' to find out more.

My rent account is in credit. Can I get a refund?

You can either stop paying until your credit has cleared, or we can refund you – request a rent refund.

Can I pay by Direct Debit?

No, not at the moment, but this is something we hope to introduce in the future.

If you would like to set up a regular payment to us, you can easily set up a standing order with your bank online using these details:

Sort code number 20-55-58

Account number 53348075

Please include your tenancy reference.

Alternatively, you can complete our standing order form (PDF 279KB) and take it to your bank in person.

I'm a former tenant - how do I pay off my rent arrears?

As you are no longer a Northwards tenant, you will need to contact Manchester City Council to arrange to pay off your rent arrears.

Still got a question?

send a message to our rent team

We don’t mean to make you hungry, but we need a quick word about cookies. We use cookies on our website to provide you with the best experience. For details on the cookies we use, please see our privacy policy. Choose ‘Accept’ to use our website with these cookies or ‘Change settings’ to see your options