Pay rent

Coronavirus: We are collecting rent as normal but our teams are here for you if you need help. If you’ve had a change in your income or just claimed Universal Credit, we can advise and support you through your options. Find out more about how we can help you.

Pay online

Use 'My Account'

Register to use ‘My Account’ and you can use your debit or credit card to pay your rent online. All you need to register is your tenancy reference. You can also see your rent statement and find out how much you need to pay in ‘My Account’ too. Just use the button below to start.

Use 'My Account' to pay rent


Use the Manchester City Council website

Use your debit or credit card to pay your rent through the Manchester City Council website. Just click the button below to go there. You will need your 19-digit rent reference.

Use the council website to pay rent

Standing Order

Set up a standing order to make sure you never miss a payment. Set one up with your bank online using these details:

Sort code number 20-55-58

Account number 53348075

Please include your tenancy reference.

Alternatively, you can complete our standing order form (PDF 279KB) and take it to your bank in person.

Pay by phone

This service is run by Manchester City Council. Phone 0161 234 5006 to pay by bank debit card or credit card using the automated service - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Have your rent reference number handy and follow the step-by-step instructions. 

Other ways to pay

By telebanking

Ask your bank about this handy way to pay. You'll need our sort code 20-55-58, account number 53348075, and your tenancy reference from your rent card.

At the Post Office

Use your rent card to pay by cash or cheque at any Post Office. It's a free service.

By PayPoint

Look out for the purple PayPoint sign at your local shop, newsagent or petrol station. Use your rent card and pay with cash. It's a free, convenient and private service - shop staff won't see details of your rent account. Please keep your receipt.

Use the PayPoint website to find your nearest PayPoint

By post

Don't send cash through the post as it could get stolen. You can, however, send a cheque (made out to Manchester City Council) to: Rent Team, Northwards Housing, 549 Cheetham Hill Road, M8 9NW. Write your name, address and tenancy reference on the back of the cheque. 

Are you finding it hard to pay your rent?

Contact us if you are in debt with your rent. You don’t have to pay what you owe all at once – we can work out a plan for you to pay us in affordable amounts, but you must act quickly or you could lose your home.

We don’t mean to make you hungry, but we need a quick word about cookies. We use cookies on our website to provide you with the best experience. For details on the cookies we use, please see our privacy policy. Choose ‘Accept’ to use our website with these cookies or ‘Change settings’ to see your options